Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

This weekend has been full of fun and reflection.

Yesterday was a friends birthday party. They had a water slide for the kiddos... my child decided he wanted to be a daredevil and to give me a heart attack... he thought it was hilarious.



Today is Memorial Day. I went to the cemetery to put flags at my dad's grave. I had forgotten that the cemetery did a Memorial Day program so while I was there, I was listening to the preacher talk and then they called dad's name as one of the servicemen who passed this year. Totally threw me off guard and made me tear up some. It's such a beautiful day for a memorial service.









Dad's grave with his flags....


Dad was a truck driver for over 40 years... I had to give him a 18 wheeler so he would always have a truck with him... he wouldn't know what to do without one. 


I hope you all have a great Memorial Day. Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment