Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crunch TIme... No Time To Relax?

This weekend was crazy. I am in my last week of finals and did not really think I had all of the stuff due that is coming up. I have been working on a thematic essay (paper with a theme) for over two weeks now. It is a 4000 word paper which is about 16 pages but the way historians document their papers, it will be about 20 pages when I finish. Right now (1:30 am Tuesday), I am almost to 2000 words and it is due at 11:59 PM today. I know I should be working on it than writing this but I needed to take a break. It's my excuse anyways.

Here is what my weekend mostly looked like:


Sunday, I woke up and started cleaning my bathroom as a protest to paper writing... I am excited that I can now use my treadmill and can drop my gym membership... I was really only using the treadmill anyways.


Found all of my nail polishes too... it is two layers deep. I think I have an addiction!!


After that, in still more protest to paper writing, I went to a store that I saw on a fashion blog the other day but had never heard of... dd's Discounts. It is AWESOME and then some. It is a Ross branded store but WAY cheaper. I ended up with this skirt for only $5.99!!


I do not have many skirts as I am normally a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal, but this caught my eye and I was in love. Now to scour the fashion blogs and Pinterest to find ways to wear this without being boring. 

My husband had to work all weekend but he was able to convince the guys that he had to leave by 4 PM Sunday or he was going to be divorced if he didn't (not really, sounded like a good reason to leave). We ended up going to this great Mexican food restaurant about 20 minutes from the house and my brave husband ended up having a "special" shot of Mescal in honor of the holiday.... I stuck to my strawberry margarita. He got to keep the shot glass. Whoo!!



That was pretty much the weekend... I have less than 2 weeks left until graduation. I went to the campus to turn in a final project and took this picture... 


Makes me happy that I am almost done with one chapter but I know another one will be opening soon!

I hope you guys have a fantastic week!! I think I am about to go back to paper writing... or to bed. I am not sure which one yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment