Saturday, May 25, 2013

Crazy Two Weeks

I promise to start being a better blogger... now that school is out for the semester. The past two weeks have been insane. Finals were submitted, grades posted, graduation was held, argued with the college about being admitted into the Masters program and then to enroll into classes, celebrated my son's crossover in cub scouts into the bear den, had my son's last baseball game of the season, and finished up observations for my alternative teacher program (at the high school and middle school). Here is are some of the pictures from the past two weeks... enjoy.

Went to Goodwill to see if there were any good deals. I found these Stuart Weitzman priced at $6.99. I have been looking for some nude pumps so I thought it was a great deal. When I went to pay for them, I found out there was a 30% discount sale that day. They were $5.30 total with tax. I was EXCITED! (I found them online for $75 but then found out that that brand sells at Bloomingdale's for around $300. Talk about me being STOKED about my $5.30 find!!)


After finals were completely done, I was actually able to go to one of my kiddo's baseball game. He ended up getting the game ball that night. I am so proud of him.


For graduation, I was able to wear my honor cords for my involvement with the history club. I was sooo proud when I was able to pick them up.



Since I am trying to dress up more than I used to, every day I try some new outfit I saw similar to on Pinterest. (Follow me there if you have not already)  This is something new I tried... I actually liked it a lot!


Two days before graduation, I was stressing about my grades... especially for one of the classes where the instructor was not willing to share grades like most of the teachers. Grades were supposed to post the 23rd. I got a text message from a friend saying the grades were posted. These are my grades. This is not what I would love to have had finishing off my bachelor's degree, but I am grateful that they were passing. 


Last year I was my son's cub scout den leader. After realizing that I could not continue doing so with my class load, I turned it over to another den leader. I was excited to see the boys grow and pass one achievement after another. The day of crossover was HOT but exciting. Thankful I was able to be there to see my son move from the wolf den to the bear den. This is him being a goofball after crossing over. 


The day after my son "graduated" in cub scouts, I graduated with my bachelor's degree. Here is me with the mascot of our college (hawk). 


I was doing everything in my power to not cry as I was walking across the stage to get my diploma tube. Thirteen long, hard, emotional years coming to an end. 



One of my best friends was able to make it to graduation... haven't really been able to see her in years. She bought me these BEAUTIFUL yellow roses with blue babies breath. They smell amazing but because of the cats, they are sitting on top of the fridge since I later found out that the cats and babies breath are a deadly combination. 


This week, I had a real estate training... I decided to dress up a little.


My son's last game was Tuesday. I am so proud of him and happy with the improvements that he has done this year over last year. He is moving from coach pitch to kid pitch next year and I am unsure how he will do... I have a feeling that I will be working with him over the summer before fall ball. 




I have been doing observations this past week, trying to get my hours completed so I can have that part finished when I take my content test in two weeks. I am loving the turquoise/mint and melon/coral colors together. This is one combination I tried this week. This was my laid back, relaxed look I tried for instead of the jeans and t-shirt pairing I normally would wear.



We did a garden this year and these are the new pickings that my husband pulled today... 2 yellow squash and 4 SMALL jalapenos. I do not eat either, but he does and is excited to make some salsa with the jalapenos with some onions that we have and the cilantro that we are growing as well. Nothing like home grown, healthy food to eat for dinner. 


Sorry this post was long. There was a lot going on the past two weeks but I promise I will be better about posting more often. I hope you guys have an AMAZING Memorial Day weekend. Please be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment